Translate

14 Aug 2014

Seville

Recently in the half term break I went to Seville. Our hotel was very near the bull fighting ring. I couldn't stand going and watching it - the building was very grand to look at and the horses were also magnificent with thier riders. In most restaurants I went to thier were bulls heads from previous fights. The heads are treated as almost trophies from when the Matador kills the bull.
 
In Seville they are more excited about Tapas than Paella. I mostly enjoyed the anchovies on toast (tostadas anchovie) and the garlic prawns (gambas al ajillo). The really good Tapas places are on the outskirts of town. The family run ones produce wonderful home cooking at reasonable prices. In one bar I went to it had a big, long breakfast bar where you ordered you food and they called your name and you went up to collect it. You could see the kitchen in the back and it was about a metre square - yet producing such wonderful food!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment